Airport accidents can result in severe injury, which is why if you were hurt in one, you should retain the services of an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney as soon as possible. At McNerney & McAuliffe, our firm is dedicated to ensuring that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What are the different types of airport accidents in New Jersey?
There are many different types of airport accidents in New Jersey. Because there are various aspects of an airport, it is important that there are diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. However, even so, accidents can still happen, which is why you will need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side if you have been injured in an airport. The most common causes of airport accidents our firm has seen include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Hotel accidents
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
If you were injured in an airport due to the negligence of another, you may have a valid premises liability claim. It is important to take these steps following your accident if you are able:
- Call the authorities. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to support your version of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled New Jersey personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in New Jersey?
The statute of limitations in New Jersey is two years. This means that if you fail to file your airport accident within two years from the date of the injury, you will miss out on the opportunity to file your claim completely, and you will also be unable to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact our firm today to retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney. Our legal team is committed to ensuring that you have punctually met all of your claim’s deadlines.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Here at McNerney & McAuliffe, we understand how confusing certain legal matters can be, which is why we are here to provide clients from all walks of life with the experienced, compassionate legal guidance they need. If you require the legal assistance of an attorney to help you through a criminal law matter, personal injury matter, family law matter, or otherwise, you can turn to us. Contact McNerney & McAuliffe today to learn more about what we can do for you.