Hotel accidents are serious. If you were injured in one as a result of another’s negligence, reach out to one of our skilled slip and fall accident attorneys in Hackensack, NJ today. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you receive the financial compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in New Jersey?
Hotels provide a number of different services for their guests. Typically, many hotels have a pool, restaurant, gym, bars, spas, and more. It can also contain essential services such as stairs, elevators, escalators, etc. In the event that these amenities are not taken care of, they can become dangerous. Some causes of hotel accidents can include the following:
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Inadequate security
- Defective furniture
- Swimming pool accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
Can I obtain financial compensation after a hotel accident in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, hotel managers and staff members are required by law to take reasonable precautions to ensure that their grounds are safe for guests. A property should be maintained by hotel management and the staff through periodic inspections. By doing this, hotel staff can become aware of any potential threats so they can be fixed right away before any guests are injured. Failing to perform these inspections or fix dangerous conditions immediately can result in serious injuries. If someone is injured as a result of the hotel staff’s negligence, the hotel may be held liable.
If you are injured in a hotel accident you should take future steps in order to show that you were injured as a result of negligence:
- Call the police. They will dispatch an ambulance and file an accident report.
- Inform the hotel management of your accident.
- Take photos and videos of the unsafe condition that caused your accident.
- Ask any witnesses of your accident for their name, email, and phone number.
- Obtain immediate medical treatment and ask your doctor for all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys in Hackensack, NJ who can gather and present all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Here at McNerney & McAuliffe, we understand how confusing certain legal matters can be, which is why we are here to provide clients from all walks of life with the experienced, compassionate legal guidance they need. If you require the legal assistance of an attorney to help you through a criminal law matter, personal injury matter, family law matter, or otherwise, you can turn to us. Contact McNerney & McAuliffe today to learn more about what we can do for you.