Car accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to prove fault in a car accident lawsuit. Read on to learn more about accident reconstruction and how it can help you with your personal injury case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction involves an expert examining the details of the accident in order to determine the events that lead up to the accident and how it occurred. There are various methods used to do so, including the following:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
This can have a large impact on a personal injury case.
Who Could Need an Accident Reconstruction?
Not all car accident cases require reconstruction, but there are situations in which injured parties can benefit greatly. This includes those who are facing the following circumstances:
- They do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help a Case?
Through car accident reconstruction, an expert can study the case and rebuild the scene in order to uncover a variety of details about the accident and how it happened. This can include the following:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact our experienced firm to speak with a dedicated personal injury attorney right away.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Here at McNerney & McAuliffe, we understand how confusing certain legal matters can be, which is why we are here to provide clients from all walks of life with the experienced, compassionate legal guidance they need. If you require the legal assistance of an attorney to help you through a criminal law matter, personal injury matter, family law matter, or otherwise, you can turn to us. Contact McNerney & McAuliffe today to learn more about what we can do for you.