May is National Bicycle Safety Month, which is why our New Jersey team of attorneys have compiled a short list of safety tips to help ensure the safety of you and those around you. Please read on to learn more.
- Inspect your bike before setting out. It is always good practice to check tire pressure, ensure your brakes are fully operational, and more before you take to the road.
- Bike in the same direction as traffic. Biking in the opposite direction of traffic can be extremely dangerous. Additionally, and especially if you are biking on main roads, ensure you do so in a straight line, on the shoulder, and that you always use the appropriate hand signals when you plan on turning.
- Always wear a helmet. A helmet can save your life, which is why it is perhaps the most important safety precaution you can take. Additionally, ensure the helmet you buy and use is in compliance with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) standards.
- Follow all rules and regulations of the road. Just because you are not driving a car does not mean you do not have to adhere to the same rules and regulations as everybody else. Stop at stop signs, yield when appropriate, obey all traffic lights, and never bike while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Make yourself visible to all around you. This is especially important if you plan on cycling at nighttime. Wear bright clothes, attach lights to your bicycle, and ensure your bike is equipped with reflectors.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Bikers come in contact with a wide variety of potential safety hazards along the way. Between faulty road conditions, negligent motorists, and more, the roads can become quite dangerous. Always be on the lookout for safety hazards.
If you find yourself injured in an accident for no fault of your own, there is a very good chance you will qualify for financial compensation. Our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys are here to help. Give us a call today to learn more about the claims process and how we will fight for the compensation you deserve and need.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
When someone is injured due to another party’s negligence, it is only right that they receive the justice they deserve. As a victim, your only job is to call us, and we will take it from there. Please, do yourself a favor and do not wait. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident and is seeking financial compensation, contact the legal team at McNerny & McAuliffe today. Our firm is also experienced in handling legal matters relating to divorce, family law, criminal law, and more. We are here to help.